Wednesday 27 March 2013

Easter Island - XR0YG

Between 20-27 March 2013, a team of English hams was active as XR0YG from Easter Island on all bands 160m to 10m (CW only). I was looking for them for 4 days with almost no sigs to be heard for me.

Than I started to look for them in the morning and surpise: there they are. I was simply looking for them too late during the days before and so on the wrong bands too.

Today, between 6:00-7:00 UTC, I was ready to jump into the pile-up crowd on 40m CW. And guess what? After 1/2 hours of following the pile-up, I worked them just a little 1kc up. Super Op on the island! A very big pile-up was calling, however the guy on the other side left the QSX area just around 1-3 up! Perfect operation!

And by the way: It was an All-Time-New-One for me: never worked a station from Easter Island before. The QSO is already confirmed as DXCC country #287 on LotW.


No comments:

Post a Comment